Guess what? There’s a new Alphabet challenge starting today and I’m the host, choosing the theme of “N is for Navy Blue.” Let’s see your cards that are mostly navy in color. I have always loved deep shades of blue! Stampin’ Up! has a great new In Color called Misty Moonlight and the Boho Indigo designer paper was the perfect choice for my card. The Birds & Branches bundle is wonderful and I haven’t played with it nearly enough. My first card using it can be found HERE.
I would love for you to see all of the great inspiration from the Alphabet Design Team, then play along with my challenge.We can’t wait to visit you to see what you made!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- I’m making more square cards now and can’t seem to stop! This one is 6″ which is just the perfect size, in my opinion. After cutting the Boho Indigo designer paper to cover the card front, I then made another square with more DSP and Very Vanilla cardstock, wrapping it with two overlapping ribbons before adhering to the card base.
- Now, the fun part – first, I cut a circle that was just a bit larger than the fun leaf die from Birds & More dies. I colored the leaf die cut with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends before adhering them together.
- Then, I stamped the leaves from Forever Flourishing with Cinnamon Cider and Crumb Cake inks, then colored them with Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends.
- The bird was also cut and colored, then the branch was cut and colored as well and Cinnamon Cider enamel dots placed on top.
- I layered the leaves underneath the circle die and the branch with bird on top.
- Then, the sentiment was stamped, fussy cut and popped up with dimensionals.
- The finishing touch was making a bow.
Inside of the card has DSP and a square of Misty Moonlight. I decided to stamp a sentiment and crop it out. Lately I have been playing with the inside of cards. I like to write a message and am always running out of room. The sentiment splits up the space, which I don’t like. Plus, many times both my husband and I sign the cards, so the sentiment in the middle is just awkward. If you don’t like mine, just place it where you like. I would love to hear your thoughts on where the best placement of the inside sentiment should be, so leave me a comment!
BIRDS & BRANCHES BUNDLE
BIRDS & BRANCHES PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
Birds, branches, eggs, and nest images coordinate with Birds & More Dies to help you create Mother’s Day, friend, or all-occasion projects.
*19 photopolymer stamps
BIRDS & MORE DIES
Create custom die-cut birds, flowers, and nature scenes using the Birds & More Dies. Pair the dies with the coordinating Birds & Branches Stamp Set for more creative options.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- Everybody Art Challenge: Monochrome
- Moving Along With The Times Challenge: Animals or Birds
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Make It Sparkle
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes with Feminine Twist
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code Q2HMMYEU when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!