HAPPY NEW YEAR!
How was your first weekend of 2021? I’ve been having fun with lots of new products from the new Stampin’ Up! catalog and am so excited to show you! Make My Monday has a great first challenge – “Something New.” For this challenge, I used the new Simply Succulents bundle. After playing with it, I must say that I just love it! Do you know someone who loves succulents? I do! Since this is a birthday card for my daughter-in-law who is definitely a succulent lover, it just had to be perfect. How’d I do??
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This A6 size card came together so easily and I just love how it turned out. For my first attempt, I tried watercoloring and it was very nice but I still wanted something better than my very limited painting skills. So, I made another attempt, this time using Stampin’ Blends and that was exactly the look I wanted. What can I say – I love using alcohol markers!
- Firstly, I made the card base from Pool Party cardstock. Then, I cut the lovely designer paper from the new Fine Art Floral collection and layered it onto Whisper White cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I stamped and colored the large and small succulent images. Once I cut them out with the coordinating die, I thought it would be fun to just fill the entire card front with succulents, so I kept going!
- I stamped, colored and fussy cut three pots. Then, I cut out the succulent pieces from Mint Macaron cardstock and colored them with Stampin’ Blends to get a more realistic color, using Just Jade and Purple Posy.
- Once I had the succulents done, it was time to arrange them on the card. So, I found a wonderful patterned paper in Peony Garden collection and cut it with a stitched rectangle die three times to give it just a little dimension on the card. Then, the succulents took their places on the “table.”
- Finally, I popped the sentiment from Many Messages (already stamped and cut out with its coordinating dies) onto the card base.
Simply Succulents Bundle
SIMPLY SUCCULENTS STAMP SET
Are you a plant person? Do you love succulents? Do you love stamping? Grab the Simply Succulents Stamp Set for a grand adventure in stamping.
* 8 cling stamps
POTTED SUCCULENTS DIES
A large background piece, open dies, and more. The Potted Succulents Dies offer detail that will make you love your die-cut succulents more than you love your actual succulents!
* 13 dies
* Largest die: 5-3/8″ x 4″ (13.7 x 10.2 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Inkspirational Challenges – Something in Your Home
- Paper Players Challenge – Something New
- Sweet Stampers Challenge – Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge – New
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge – Feminine
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZRE7DDUM when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!