Wow, our first challenge at Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge went great! You all are so talented!! Above all, it really looks like you are enjoying all of your dies and that’s what our challenge is all about. So, let’s start a new month of fun cards with our dies! To start this challenge, I have a card that was perfect for my husband for our 32nd anniversary but it would also be great for Valentines Day, as well. Using the Friends Are Like Seashells bundle and some Stampin’ Blends, it came together quite nicely, in my opinion.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- To begin, I made the card base with Soft Sea Foam cardstock. Then, I made a panel with the Pearlescent Specialty paper, that was dry embossed in the Seabed embossing folder. After that, I layered it onto Just Jade cardstock, which were adhered together and glued onto the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I cut it with Whisper White as well as vellum. After that, I began coloring the WW with Stampin’ Blends with no real plan at all – just coloring and blending. Although I loved how they turned out, they were a little more muted than they should be. So, I cut another panel and used the coordinating stamps to deepen the colors and give more detail. Once I completed that, it was easy to dry emboss the panels with the coordinating embossing folder. Then, I cut out the second shells, layering them on top of the first ones.
- Also, I cut the shell panel in half in order to layer the pile of shells a little better. Even though this isn’t necessary at all, I really like how it looks.
- In order to give more detail, I cut off some of the foliage from the vellum panel and colored them with Stampin’ Blends. Then, I decided that adding more color with Soft Sea Foam and Just Jade would be nice, layering them together.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment onto the Pearlescent Specialty Paper and left it overnight to dry. Then, the next day, I cut it with the Whimsy die and cut it with my trimmer.
- Finally, I assembled the card with glue and dimensionals, adding a touch of bling with the Opal Rounds.
FRIENDS ARE LIKE SEASHELLS STAMP SET
There’s an ocean of possibilities in the Friends Are Like Seashells Stamp Set for sea-themed cards and scrapbook pages.
* 23 photopolymer stamps
SEASIDE SEASHELLS DIES
Create an oceanscape with the Seaside Seashells Dies. Use the largest die to create a background, the small pieces to create accents for a custom image.*
6 dies * Largest die: 4″ x 5-1/2″
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge: Love is….
- The Crafting Challenge: Die Cuts and/or Punches
- Creative Craft Cottage Challenge: Happy Valentines/Love
- My Time To Craft Challenge: Love
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE