Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge starting today. We want to see you all have some fun making an Easel Card. Since I’ve made many easel cards in the past, it just made sense to try my hand at a “Twisted Easel Card,” which is so easy to make and super fun to use your creativity. Because I wanted to make a bright card for spring, I chose a patterned paper from the Berry Delightful paper pack, then colored the gorgeous True Love Designer pack’s floral paper with a sentiment from the In Bloom stamp set.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- Firstly, I used this Splitcoaststampers tutorial. However, this tutorial is for a circular card, so I followed the instructions at the bottom for a square card, but made my card 5 1/2″ square. Those instructions are:
- “Start with a 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2” card base, scored at the center.
- Score diagonally from the upper left corner to the bottom of the center score line.
- Create a front panel for the card, 4 1/4 wide and 4 1/4 to 5 1/2 high.
- Adhere the panel to the lower triangular section of the front panel; do not put adhesive on the upper triangular portion.
- On the inside of the card, add a raised element toward the center of the panel that will hold the easel element open and in place when the card is open.”
- So, my card is made the same way except my cardstock was 5 1/2 x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2.” Secret: Make sure you use the side of paper that has the point going up on the right. Otherwise, the twist will make the card open on the left, not the right.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, aren’t those flowers beautiful? Would you believe that they are part of a beautiful designer paper that I colored with alcohol markers?? If you love versatile paper, this is the perfect one to add to your collection. Then, after choosing the pattern I wanted to use, I had fun coloring the three floral images. After that, I fussy cut them out.
- Then, I cut the Hippo & Friends die with Calypso Coral and Whisper White cardstock, I dry embossed it with the Meadow Moments folder, as well as the leaves and bow.
- Finally, I stamped and cut the sentiment with a final touch of the Gold Hoop and Gilded Gems on the front.
True Love Designer Series Paper
Let your love flow with the lovely True Love Designer Series Paper. This high-quality printed paper is excellent for scrapbooking, card making, and more. Ask your demonstrator about coordinating products.
* 12 sheets of patterned paper: 2 each of 6 double-sided designs
* 12″ x 12″ (30.5 x 30.5 cm)
I am playing along with the following challenges:
- AAA Birthday Challenge – Patterned Paper
- Double Trouble Challenge – Bring on the Green
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge
- Simon Says Monday Challenge – Use Something Green
- Try It On Tuesday Challenge – Say It With Flowers
- Use Your Stuff Challenge – Double Trouble Collaboration
- Stampingpals Challenge – Fancy Folds
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge – Fun Folds
BEFORE YOU GO!
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project.
Finally, I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And give me your contact information to send you a birthday card!
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code H2FZZTDJ when prompted with your order of $50 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, coordinating inks, papers and lots more!