Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge starting today. We want to see you all have some fun making an Easel Card. Since I’ve made many easel cards in the past, it just made sense to try my hand at a “Twisted Easel Card,” which is so easy to make and super fun to use your creativity. Because I wanted to make a bright card for spring, I chose a patterned paper from the Berry Delightful paper pack, then colored the gorgeous True Love Designer pack’s floral paper with a sentiment from the In Bloom stamp set.
Once you are finished here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- Firstly, I used this Splitcoaststampers tutorial. However, this tutorial is for a circular card, so I followed the instructions at the bottom for a square card, but made my card 5 1/2″ square. Those instructions are:
- “Start with a 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2” card base, scored at the center.
- Score diagonally from the upper left corner to the bottom of the center score line.
- Create a front panel for the card, 4 1/4 wide and 4 1/4 to 5 1/2 high.
- Adhere the panel to the lower triangular section of the front panel; do not put adhesive on the upper triangular portion.
- On the inside of the card, add a raised element toward the center of the panel that will hold the easel element open and in place when the card is open.”
- So, my card is made the same way except my cardstock was 5 1/2 x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2.” Secret: Make sure you use the side of paper that has the point going up on the right. Otherwise, the twist will make the card open on the left, not the right.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, aren’t those flowers beautiful? Would you believe that they are part of a beautiful designer paper that I colored with alcohol markers?? If you love versatile paper, this is the perfect one to add to your collection. Then, after choosing the pattern I wanted to use, I had fun coloring the three floral images. After that, I fussy cut them out.
- Then, I cut the Hippo & Friends die with Calypso Coral and Whisper White cardstock, I dry embossed it with the Meadow Moments folder, as well as the leaves and bow.
- Finally, I stamped and cut the sentiment with a final touch of the Gold Hoop and Gilded Gems on the front.
True Love Designer Series Paper
Let your love flow with the lovely True Love Designer Series Paper. This high-quality printed paper is excellent for scrapbooking, card making, and more. Ask your demonstrator about coordinating products.
* 12 sheets of patterned paper: 2 each of 6 double-sided designs
* 12″ x 12″ (30.5 x 30.5 cm)
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- AAA Birthday Challenge – Patterned Paper
- Double Trouble Challenge – Bring on the Green
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge
- Simon Says Monday Challenge – Use Something Green
- Try It On Tuesday Challenge – Say It With Flowers
- Use Your Stuff Challenge – Double Trouble Collaboration
- Stampingpals Challenge – Fancy Folds
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge – Fun Folds
BEFORE YOU GO!
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project.
Finally, I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:Product List
Wow, it’s been years since I made a twisted easel card and yours is absolutely stunning my ‘sistah’! What a clever and beautiful way to create your flowers too, this is fabulous!!
STUNNING CARD Debbie, love the ‘off the page” idea, love those colours and your paper is awesome….Great project…xx
OH WOW … this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend! Like Diane, I haven’t made a twisted easel card in years but you sure have inspired me to get busy!! LOL Absolutely awesome! Thanks for inspiration Sistah …
Inspired to try this version of an easel card, carefully following your directions! Such a pretty card with so much detail!
This card dated march 10th turned out to be stunning. Colors are awesome and I love the way everything is placed which makes each complement each other. thanks for sharing.
This is gorgeous!!! Those flowers are just stunning and the color combo is fabulous!! Throw in a fun card and you definitely have a winner! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.
Debbie, this is such a gorgeous card! I’ve never seen a twisted easel card before and I’m completely awestruck. Thanks for sharing the tutorial on how you made it. Beautifully done in every way.
Great card, with the colours I thought for a second it was Christmas again…that was a long nap 😉 very
stulish card. Thank you for playing at AAA Birthday Cards.
Gorgeous… love it all. I have never created an easel card; but you have inspired me to do one and thank you for your written tutorial. Would love you to share your card with us at Double Trouble “Wearin’ o’ the Green” along with out optional twist of a plaid, and as partners with Use Your Stuff challenge. Love your new challenge Creative Creases and would love to partner with your challenge some time in the future. Please visit us at https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/
Beautiful twisted easel card Debbie. Love it.
Stunning card. I love all the gorgeous layers and the fun fold. Really well done and inspiring. Thanks for posting the tutorial. I might have to try this one out
Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon.
Tammy DT Co-ordinator.
Wow, what a stunning card! The easel design looks amazing and I love how the flowers pop with the colours you have chosen – beautiful 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x
Your twisted easel card is fabulous, great design, colors, everything! Glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built!
What a truly gorgeous and creative card, Debbie. How nice that you’ve joined us on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Good luck with your card, and hope to see you again.
Hugs, Lori (DT at Lemon Shortbread)
This is stunning – I don’t think I have ever made a twisted easel card but have put it on my list of things to do. Beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.
Love twisted easel cards and yours is a beauty. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
Debbie, this is a spectacular card. Gorgeous design and color choices. Just beautiful.
Wow, Debbie! What a spectacular card! I’ve never done the twisted easel card but I might just have to give it a go now. So inspiring! Thanks so much for playing along with the StampingPals this month!
Congratulations on your win at AAA Birthday! Don’t forget to contact me about a Guest Design spot – email@example.com