Alphabet Challenge has a new theme starting today – “N is for No Layers.” Did you know that I like layers – lots of them?? Boy, this theme was SO hard for me, but the Delicate Dahlias stamp set made it super easy. Because no layer cards are not my thing, I made an additional card with just a few changes to enhance the pretty stamp set. So, how’d I do and which card do you like best? Let me know in a comment!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before October 21!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Card #1: Card base is 11″ x 4-1/4″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- Card #2: Card base is 6″ x 9″ and scored at 4-1/2.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, both cards were made essentially the same way except I stamped Card #1’s dahlia outline with Poppy Parade ink and Card #2’s with Cajun Craze ink. Then, I stamped both with Pale Papaya ink with the coordinating stamp.
- After that, I stamped the leaves with Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen inks.
- Then, I stamped the sentiments and added some bling to the centers of the flowers, which completed Card #1.
- For Card #2, I added a layer of Evening Evergreen cardstock, colored the background with a light gray alcohol marker (Copics C1) and added the little ink spots from the Artistically Inked stamp set.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- Crafty Sentiments Challenge
- Crafty Creations Challenges
- Creative Knockouts Challenge
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
Preorder from January – June Catalog begins
2 November 2021 through 3 January 2022
Enter and explore Eden with the Eden’s Garden Collection! This delightful and desirable collection includes early-release products from the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog—a bundle of stamps and dies that’s blooming with beauty and bounty. Plus, exclusive products you can’t uncover anywhere else—a pack of paper patterned with green and gold, a set of specialty sheets for gift-giving and textured touches, and a sparkling set of gleaming gems!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE